Thank you for volunteering at St. Richard Parish!
St. Richard Parish follows the Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program (Prevent and Protect STL). The program is designed to help protect the youth, elderly, and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community. This process also provides a layer of protection against the possibility of false accusations for those adults who are involved in our many ministries.
All clergy, employees and volunteers who work with children and vulnerable adults must be in full compliance with the Safe Environment Program before they are able to work or volunteer. This includes:
Attending a Protecting God’s Children workshop. Click here for a list of upcoming workshops and to register online.
- Fill out the Workers Registration Form and undergo a background check updated in even-numbered years with the FCSR.
- If you have lived outside Missouri within the past five years filling out the American Checked Waiver-Out of State Background Check
- Signing the Commitment to Ethical Conduct Form.
- Return all completed forms to St. Richard parish office, attn: Cheri Deckard, Child Safety Coordinator.
- If you would like to register to be a volunteer, please complete the following training at www.preventandprotectstl.org, you will need to register with the passcode stlprotect.
If you have completed the FCSR Worker Registration at another Parish in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, please contact Cheri Deckard in the parish office. These forms will need to be filled out again as volunteers need to be compliant at each location.
Volunteers under the age of 18
If you are under 18 years old or still in high school, and wish to volunteer at St. Richard Parish please read and sign the Code of Ethical Conduct for Youth form and return it to Cheri Deckard in the parish office.
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children’s Division Hotline Reporting Number:
Child Safety Coordinator, St. Richard Parish